Most people shop from Jumia frequently; little did they know that they could make money on Jumia. In this article, you will discover how you can make money on Jumia by setting up your own Jumia store.
Jumia is assisting African enterprises and entrepreneurs in scaling up their operations and increasing their profits by assisting them in embracing the e-commerce environment and connecting items with millions of online customers while offering first-rate seller assistance and product delivery skills.
Conditions to meet to set up a Jumia store
Jumia has outlined some conditions that are needed to be met before you can set up a store on their website. Here are some of the conditions:
- You must be willing to provide the following information while setting up your account:
- Phone number and mailing address
- Information about your firm (address, legal name, etc.)
- Account information.
2. Provide the following documents while setting up your account:
- You must submit your Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC) certificate for Nigerians.
- Any other documents that support or give information about the goods you intend to sell on Jumia.
Step-by-step process of setting up a Jumia store
The process of setting up a Jumia store is not so stringent as long as you follow the due process and meet all the needed conditions. Below is a step-by-step process for setting up a Jumia store:
Step 1: Register on the Jumia platform in less than 5 minutes:
Fill out the Registration Form and attach the following documents:
Bank Account Information.
Step 2: Learn to be an E-commerce Expert:
Completing the specific New Seller Training is required.
To administer your shop, activate your Seller Center Account.
Step 3: List your products and sell them:
Start selling your best-selling items by uploading them.
Step 4: Get access to our promotions and marketing materials.
Get noticed with our campaigns and promotions. Learn about the best-selling goods.
Frequently asked questions about setting up a Jumia store
How much does it cost to set up a Jumia store?
Registration on Jumia is free for all suppliers. The only cost incurred is the cost Jumia charges on each sale you make via the Jumia platform. This cost is also determined based on the delivery option you select and the category of the items you sell. You are charged
- Jumia Express shipping contribution fee charges
- Drop-shipping contribution fee
- VAT on commission and shipping fees
How do I make money from selling on Jumia’s store
Jumai pays your money into your bank account on a regular basis and tells you when it has been received. Here are a few things you need to take note of:
- Enter your Bank Information: Your bank information is required for Jumia to send your money. Therefore, you must add them to your Account’s Seller Center Settings.
- When you get a new order, the money will not be credited to your account immediately since Jumia keeps this amount pending for a few days to ensure the client does not wish to return the item sold.
- You will get your money within the time range indicated in your Jumia contract.
- All pending payments are included in the “Due and unpaid” and “Open statement” sections of your Account Statement.
What is Jumia’s seller centre?
Jumia’s seller centre is the platform created by Jumia for entrepreneurs and business owners to sell and manage their Jumia shop from the comfort of their location. It is also available as an app for Android and IOS phones.
Once registered, you may manage your online business entirely from the Seller Center. With this portal, you can manage your sales, add items, amend product information, get an overview of real sales, and so on. It is a one-stop shop for managing your Jumia sales account.
Here are a few things you can accomplish using Seller Center.
- Keep track of your inventory and update your listings.
- Keep track of Jumia network orders.
- Participate in advertising campaigns
- Use customer metrics tools to track your seller’s performance.
Setting up a Jumia store is like taking a walk in the park as long as you follow the step-by-step procedures.